a place to share our quilts and community projects

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

January 2016 Workshop

We had a great workshop on January 23rd.  Two very large projects are off and running.  The first one is the  4-H T-Shirt project.  There was a mountain of T-Shirts leftover from events with the 4-H Club.  Brand new ... they musn't go to waste.  So, our club is making T-Shirt quilts.  Some will be raffled for fundraisers and some will be comfort quilts.

We got a great start on this project.  Here is Stephanie organizing the beginnings of the  T-Shirt Sweatshop.  Look at all the supplies she brought.






Here is Lesa  hard at work sashing up the t-shirt panels.



and here is Lesa planning the layout and preparing the shirt panels.






Here is Margaret.  She looks like she's running out on us, but actually she spent alot of time preparing the shirts, making plans and probably went home with a batch to sew together.





and here is Dee.  She's experienced with making T-Shirt quilts.  Her table is stacked with a project also.



There is not a photo of me,  thank you very much.  (g)  I spent my time collecting ideas from the girls and planning the beginning of our Bicentennial Quilt.  I got the background panels prepared with fusible interfacing . I brought them home to section them off for townships.  I must also get the hand embroidery traced on each one.  Then I can start planning the center panel.  I also came home with 3 childrens quilt tops to quilt up.   I am a magnet, I always bring home work from these workshops.

Alice also stopped in for a visit and spent some quality time with us.  We had a most productive day!

No comments:

Post a Comment